044
San Fedele square
Milano

Back to works

The renovation of a 1950’s building in Milan’s central piazza San Fedele, facing the Jesuit church and the extraordinary Palazzo Marino, hall of the city government and exquisite example of the italian late renaissance palazzo, starts from the understanding of its symbolic presence and its location in the urban fabric of the city. Through the emphasis dedicated to the new window bays, slightly projecting from the facade plane, and the choice of reflective glass end polished steel, the mirror effect of the new intervention contributes to root the building in its extraordinary context, through the multiplication of the surrounding architectures and the lively ambiance of the piazza.

  • Type: 
    Offices

  • Scale: 
    Architecture

  • Status: 
    Concept

  • Client: 
    Beni Stabili Siiq

  • Budget: 
    7,5 M€

  • Team: 
    A2BC

  • Photos: 
    -

  • Year: 
    2012